Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What's prayer got to do with it?

Another piece of my heart today ... and it's broken, if it's anything.  Does God care?  Yes, and not only does He see my tears over injustice, He brushes them off my cheek, saves them, and prepares them to be poured out as a precious offering of prayer and praise.

"And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people." - Revelation 5:8 (NLT)

When we cry our prayers, they move His hand, because when they are poured out, they will be pleasing offerings of worship as He answers.




I'd like to dedicate myself more and more to pray over this, because I do believe the root cause of this is evil. Satan does not care about human life.  It's why he loves abortion and slavery and the devaluation of women and sex, which God originally intended to bring forth life, not to steal it.  God values our lives. They are treasures to Him. And when we have His heart, we have His eyes - eyes to see and to cry these precious intercessions for the lives of women and children all over the globe.

Would you join me?

Three initiatives of prayer I'd like to begin/pass on to you, my readers. If you'd like to participate, please let me know in the comments below.  I believe as we join together to encourage one another and pray for Justice, God will be pleased with that unity and look upon our requests with favor.

1. Red Light Prayer - every time you stop at a red light while you're driving, spend the time in prayer for red light districts and slaves around the world. Ask God to rescue those who have been trafficked and abused, and plead with Him to guide them to restorative care that will show these cherished souls His Gospel and great love.

2. Pray with your group - if you have a small group through your church, a group of friends you meet with regularly, a Bible study, etc. you can pray with them.  Intercede together on behalf of abolitionists, rescue fighters, and restoration counselors, and victims, as well as for the criminals, traffickers, and sex-buyers to be restored and reformed.  I will be giving you some resources for prayer starters in a group, including those from a few of the organizations I support.

3. Fasting once a week. I plan to fast one meal or one day per week for the purpose of praying and interceding as well.  Most likely I'll choose Tuesdays, but if another time works better for you, don't let that get in the way.  During these times we'll be praying specific Scriptures on behalf of justice and the value of life to prevail.

My [audacious] goal for this prayer initiative is to have 100 of you on my list of prayer partners.  Will you join me?  If yes, I have three ways for you to stay connected to this virtual prayer circle.

1. email me robynleelangdon@gmail.com 
2. leave a comment with at least your first name below
3. message me on facebook (Robyn Mills Langdon, if you're not already my friend)

Here is a sample of what we might pray:


"But deal well with [her], O Sovereign Lord,
    for the sake of your own reputation!
Rescue [Your precious daughter]
    because you are so faithful and good.
For [she is] poor and needy,
    and [her] heart is full of pain.
[She is] fading like a shadow at dusk;
     [and] brushed off like a locust.
[Her] knees are weak from fasting,
    and [she is] skin and bones.
[A] joke to people everywhere;
    when they see [her], they shake their heads in scorn.
Help [this helpless victim], O Lord my God!
    Save [her] because of your unfailing love.
Let them see that this is your doing,
    that you yourself have done it, Lord.
Then let them curse [us] if they like,
    but you will bless [Your beloved]!
When they attack [her], they will be disgraced!
    But [we], your servant[s], will go right on rejoicing!
May [her] accusers be clothed with disgrace;
    may their humiliation cover them like a cloak.
But [we] will give repeated thanks to the Lord,
    praising him to everyone.
For he stands beside the needy,
    ready to save them from those who condemn them."
             -Psalm 109:21-31 (NLT)
                                                                                                                 


Finally, I want to leave you with This song.

May it bless your heart and move you to prayer. If your prayers lead you to tears, remember where those tears are going - straight to His throne as incense, pleasing in favor and guiding His hand to move on her behalf.

I look forward to praying with you, my friends.  

Together we fight with the truth of His love.  His love of each life.


No comments:

Post a Comment