Thursday, April 11, 2013

every good thing ...

Someone once asked me, "Do you really think all the good is from God? Like if anything good happens to you, it's always His doing?"

Uh huh.  Not only do I think that, but I believe it.  Which means it's not only in my mind, but in my behavior, speech, and attitude.  Or at least I want it to be. I aim for it to be a conviction, a belief, a lifestyle of my faith. I'm not perfect, but I am reaching.  Because He is good, defines good, grants good.  If it's good and I have it, then it came from Him and He chose to give it to me. From His hand to mine.  I'm in love with this song:





No really - you have to take four minutes and listen/watch.  I'm not kidding. When it comes on the radio in the car my kids hide their eyes in embarrassment because I'm dancing in my seat.  No joke.

And it's so true.  Look - 

"I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord;
    all the good things I have come from you." -Psalm 16:2 (GNT)


Today I get to share a few of the good things I've counted during this last week:

- a fun and funny date with J at Chick-fil-A and the mall, and the gift you give him of making friends easily

- encouragement to persevere, and faith to put aside shame for Your Gospel and the boldness to proclaim it with the voice You give me (Romans 1:16-17)

- a sunny day to do yard work (even if I did pay for it later)

- campfire and time with our friends

- a wonderful conversation with my aunt and grandmother about my Lola, the memorial, and our hilarious family

- the color cerulean

- J asking to sit on PJ's lap, and the yes ... and that You say that to me when I ask to climb into Your lap too, Father

- happy bird songs

- hope and self-control, again - just when I need it most ... Lord, You are nothing if not faithful

- open windows and fresh air





Lord, Jesus - I am so very thankful that You are good.  I trust You to give me good, and that's why I live with open hands. I offer this worship of thanks to you on the altar of my heart and my nest today - may You be pleased as I proclaim your goodness and faithfulness.  I hope because You are good. I breathe because You give me breath. I run because You give me strength. Help me put a smile on Your face as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment