Monday, April 29, 2013

If Fridays are for writing, maybe Mondays are for reading...

And I am loving books lately. I wanted to be finished with The Four Loves by today so that I could review it for us here in the nest, but ... well, C.S. Lewis is not always (ever?) a quick-read.  I'm almost finished, so stay tuned next week - believe me, we'll need the whole thing.



So for today, I'd like to share a few books on my to-read list.  I couldn't really list all of them - come to the bookstore with me some day - we'll have fun!

The first one is by this guy. I'm in a trance watching his youtube stuff - but I think this is the most concise for you. Not sure why I can't stop listening to his story, but it could be because he reminds me of a young version of my dad. More than that, though, I'm a bit obsessed with this thing God does all the time that I call the biggest miracle ever - changing a human heart.  Just watch:




So his book, Save Me from Myself, went on my kindle wish list this morning.  Can't wait to finish C.S. Lewis and start this guy. I think maybe I have some diversity in my reading taste. Maybe? *wink*

A few others I'm eyeing:

I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou

I Didn't Ask to be Born (But I'm Glad I Was) by Bill Cosby

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo

Power Through Prayer by E.M. Bounds

Idol Lies by Dee Brestin

Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life by Anne Lamott (now tell me that title doesn't have my name written all over it!)


Okay - that's enough for now. Let me know what you're reading too!

If you love books too, I want to hug you. Keep reading, Dear Ones! Look for God's truth in the pages, and hold onto His love when you see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment