Wednesday, April 24, 2013

exercise in Simple

I'm a sucker for books. Fun fact about Robyn time.

I've tried to simplify my life this year by only reading one book at a time. Yea - that's pretty hard for me. I completely regressed on this bit, and came home from the library the other day with a huge bag full. I felt like a junkie with a stash. (Actually, I don't really know how that feels, but it's how I imagine it might feel.)

And as I've started about five of them, reading through about the third chapter, I've once again realized why I really shouldn't do this. My brain gets cluttered. I can't focus and I start having all kinds of ideas of what I want to do and change and tackle and prune and pray for and start and ... ugh. It's too complicated again.



So, here I go tomorrow - back to the library to return all but one. 

Pray for me - I want to pick the right one.  But then, I can always go back and get the next one in a couple weeks.

Have I mentioned I love the Library? 

Oh, and did I mention that God opened a door for me to go the Carnegie Library this Friday on a special field trip with another little bookworm in my house? She's so excited for me to come. I don't know which one of us is more giddy.

I'm already thanking God that I won't be checking anything out. 

"Look straight ahead,
    and fix your eyes on what lies before you.

Mark out a straight path for your feet;    stay on the safe path."
            -Proverbs 4:25-26 (NLT)

Thank You, Jesus for helping me make my life Simple. Your path is all I need.




No comments:

Post a Comment