Sunday, June 22, 2014

Everything You Have Promised {Sabbath Bread}




"Even though you are so high above,
  you care for the lowly,
    and the proud cannot hide from you.

When I am surrounded by troubles
you keep me safe.
You oppose my angry enemies
    and save me by your power.

You will do everything you have promised;
    Lord, your love is eternal.
    Complete the work that you have begun."
-Psalm 138:6-8 (GNT)





Oh God, today I am reminded once again of your Sovereign power and control over the circumstances of my life. I am so impatient sometimes, so demanding, so anxious for control. Surrounded by troubles and enemies and then ... Your peace flowing to overflowing, making every empty striving void full of the calm only You offer. And how could I ask for more. May this awakening of Your faithfulness and every kept promise make me alive like never before. Alive in You by Your grace. Let Your glory invade me until I wake up to Your peace. Finish this work you've started until I spill over with Your goodness. 


No comments:

Post a Comment