Friday, June 29, 2012

oh, that you were so easily amazed!

I am one of often-hardened heart
But turn aside once and I'll play that part


A cowardly show or selfish eating
And find my close-compassion a-fleeting


Blinded with bitter cataracts so dark
Disparity in my eyes and His is stark


Cold and unimpressed with trifles
Shooting my soul with ignorance riffles

Disregard for His miraculous hand
Delicate pearls weaving invisible strand


On my sand behind waves He's traced
And oh, that I were so easily amazed


To be seen and known, sitting under a tree
Called by name and astounded to believe 


Would that I were flung-open to Gifts, even small
Drawn in reckless following - walk, run, crawl


To behold and bow in awe - struck dumb
Would that it dissolve the walls that make numb


By Jesus known and called and sought 
May I like Nathanael to amazement be brought







"When Jesus saw him coming he said, "There's a real Israelite, not a false bone in his body."
Nathanael said, "Where did you get that idea? You don't know me."
Jesus answered, "One day, long before Philip called you here, I saw you under the fig tree."
Nathanael exclaimed, "Rabbi! You are the Son of God, the King of Israel!"
Jesus said, "You've become a believer simply because I say I saw you one day sitting under the fig tree? You haven't seen anything yet! Before this is over you're going to see heaven open and God's angels descending to the Son of Man and ascending again." -John 1:47-51 (Msg)


Lord Jesus I invite you to amaze me.  I vow to respond appropriately.  Even in the "smallest" of miracles.


No comments:

Post a Comment