Saturday, January 18, 2014

Dear Hungry Soul {a little bird told me}

Dear Hungry Soul,

Have you been feeling broken beyond repair, shattered into a million pieces with no one to sweep you up? Abandoned in a dark pit and no one peeking down or throwing you a hope or even a rope? Starving for something more than life has put on your plate?




These words are for you:

Precious One
Could it be today?
What if it were true?
Despite what they say,
Could God really love you?

I'm here to tell you, 
In case no one ever has -
Really, God adores you.
Really, He always has.

I want to tell you more - 
All about His Son Jesus.
Though your heart may be sore
God says, "You're safe with Us."

Please accept this invitation -
bring that hungry soul to the Cross.
Let Him satisfy and fill every hole.
He'll bring you from doubt to trust.

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in his sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith. As the Scriptures say, “It is through faith that a righteous person has life.” -Romans 1:16-17 (NLT)

For every hungry soul, I pray He shows you every quenching answer of His loving plan of Salvation, found in grace though faith. If you wonder what hope He has for your brokenness, I encourage you to ask Him. He wants you to ask too: 
“Ask the Lord your God for a sign, whether in the deepest depths or in the highest heights.” - Isaiah 7:11 (NIV)

And how about you, Dear Soul - do you want to ask a question too? Here's the invitation I give on Saturdays here in the nest: Have you ever wanted to ask a question about life, God, the Bible, relationships, people, church, or anything? (That last one is scary, but that's why I need the Holy Spirit to write through me.) Go ahead and ask me! Just slip your anonymous question into the comments section below, and sign it with a fun salutation.  I'll do some research and write back to you next week here in the nest. My answers come from the Bible, revelation from God (as He generously gives - see James 1), and personal experience. And then, when it comes up in your conversations with others, you can always say, "Well, a little bird once told me ..." *wink*

In His Hand,

Robyn 
 "The greatest joy of your heart is daily fellowship with Jesus, and you will have that same joy, yet to a greater degree, in heaven. And you will always see Him as you dwell in His presence forever." -Charles Spurgeon

photo credit: Arslan Zahid

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for following God's leading in posting this. I look forard to reading your daily posts! - Kathleen (Kat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found my nest, Kathleen. You are truly a gift. Blessings and hope are my prayers for you today.

    ReplyDelete