Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thursdays are for Thanks ...

Had a busy morning in my son's library class today, followed by a good cry with a friend over injustice, back to work, run to the store for jumper cables because my one of my kids (no one knows the blame - it's not important) left the door open in the car in the garage [but who can jump a car in a one-car garage?], cook dinner, clean up, take K to cheer, fold laundry, play legos with J ... and it's still Thursday, and I'm still thankful.  Even for all of that! All of it grace.  All of it full of gifts - hidden, obvious, comfortable, and difficult.  From the Father who gives lights and bread, never snakes or stones.  Because He loves me.  Just. That. Much.



Here are a few I've recorded.  (Still haven't started counting yours? ... Today's a great day to try, and what have you got to lose, when this or maybe even a camera [!] is what you could gain?)

- a fresh new day, gorgeous sunrise, and the healing power of sleep and Your love

-Your words and instructions - life and healing for my soul and body (Proverbs 4:20, 22)

- playing backgammon with my Guy, and a good talk together

- snuggles, hugs, and prayers with J.  I'll never get tired of this...

- news of a reuniting phone call between mother and son after over two years

-  "I would rather know the truth than be happy in ignorance.  If I cannot have both truth and happiness, give me truth.  We'll have a long time to be happy in heaven." -A.W. Tozer

-  my Guy's sermon [1/6/13] about Matthew 18, and reconciliation's definition of exchanging hostility for friendship

-  Psalm 91, and courage to face the world fearless

-  for being the father I need, and for coming to find me, even before I knew who You were

-  "When a man gets to God, it is by the most simple way - words."  - Oswald Chambers

-  time to exercise, vacuum, and read

-  steam rising from Export Creek in the early sunlight, wafting over the snow-covered banks

-  secret letters in a notebook with my daughter

-  RJ's vote of confidence and faith:  "And you have me!" ... laughter is such wonderful medicine, Sweet Father.  Thank You, Oh Thank You.

-  two little brunettes at the library, and a tiny baby too

-  a feeling of productivity, even though I didn't accomplish everything on my to-do list.  Jesus, Your agenda is always better than mine.

-  encouraging verses from R, strength to keep my chin up  "But God is so rich in mercy, and he loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, he gave us life when he raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!) -Ephesians 2:4-5


Lord - just ... thanks. You sustain my heart when I don't think it can break one more painful time.  When these tears threaten to dry into a calloused soul, Your living water fills me up again.  Your love amazes me and I love counting the ways because I feel like I'm somehow loving you back.  Didn't I once preach about that?  And this, a few years later - living it.  I'm so grateful for every ounce of Your love, and I want to hold onto it.  This gratitude is the strength of my grip on it.  If I thank You, how could it ever slip though my fingers, for I have a written record of the ways You've given me undeserved grace day after day.  You deserve every glory.  Once again, it is You alone who are worthy. 


thank you, National Geographic, for many of these photos of birds

No comments:

Post a Comment