Thursday, January 24, 2013

so so so thankful ...

Words cannot express my God-gratitude as sufficiently as I'd like, but they come close.  Maybe writing isn't your thing, though.  Please don't feel like less than. That's the devil's lie again.  The truth is - you have the freedom to say "thank You" to God in your own way, fashion, and style.  Some write a song, some declare it aloud. Some pray quietly, meditating on all these gifts and blessings and graces.  I believe He loves all of that.  But, whatever you do, don't let thanks be left undone.  Like laces of a shoe untied, gifts un-thanked could be the recipe for a tumble.  I hope you're holding your joy, Dear One.  Making it real and received by thanking the One who gave it.




"I will sacrifice to you freely;
    I will give thanks to your name, Lord,
        because it’s so good" -Psalm 54:6

In celebration of Thursday (and every day), here are a few of mine:

- time to wake up with You and the way Your love melts away my grouchy mood

- bright orange and purple sky - another glorious sunset

- fun shopping for bedding with K, and her silly passion for anything zebra-striped

- this song, over and over and over - You love me and You are strong.  There's nothing else I need to know.

- a bright half-moon, and lack of clouds to hide it

- a bath in Your Word - the stable comfort to my heart

- meeting new friends hungry for more of You and Your truth

- a fresh challenge to "do life together"

- legos, barbies, "school", and beyblades - family fun just the four of us before my Guy leaves for India

- snow and sunshine mixing outside the window, over this mountain of dishes

- warm home, bed, clothes, shoes - what a chilly day, and yet this is what I have

- grace for when I forget

- more grace for when I'm running late

- AD back in J's class today, and the months she spent with her son.  I'm so thankful for her now spending time with mine now too

- a post-card thank-you from a far-away friend I've never met face-to-face, but who I truly love so much

- hope for an end to human trafficking in 25 years, if we all work together.  Hope is precious, and I'll hold it with Your strength

-this song too:

-

"Alive in me ...
Breathe in me Your life I can feel You are close now
I could never hide You are here and You know me
All I need is You and I love You I love You ...
Breathe in me Your life til Your love overtakes me
Open up my eyes let me see You more clearly
Falling on my knees til I love like You love me
I love You
Oh Jesus ..."

- chap-stick rolling into another room that turned into an invitation to pray

- Your powerful Name that changes our hearts

Oh Jesus, how good it is to offer another thankful sacrifice of praise to You.  Thank You for all these gifts.  I receive with open hands and return back to You all I have that You could want - gratitude.  In the midst of frightening, horrible, sickening, darkness - Oh God, how astonishing it is to see Your light-love.  There is nothing else I want.  Only more of You.

thank you to national geographic for the photo of bird, and hillsong united for the worship

No comments:

Post a Comment