Last year I began counting things I was thankful to God for, and I can say it changed me. What started as a habit and something I was doing carefully, deliberately, almost meticulously because I needed to ... became such a joy, such a thrill. Today, as every day I count more and more ... and more. I'm happy to share some of them you on Thankful on Thursdays here at the nest. Join me?
-for new understanding today about Uzzah, and releasing my control to You once again. I cannot save You. Spill Your presence over me if You will - my hands are open.
- Jennifer - a kind voice and words on the other end of the line at the Dr.'s office
- hot apple cider and the warmth on my hands and lips and belly
-T and A - willing to take my sick son for a few hours while I work
- for my husband and the blessing of his faithful kindness - so much like You
- the scent of warm candles
- courage to face these issues again today. You make me brave and I'm thankful
- the way You heal my children's scrapes and bruises, and that You let me be a part of that comfort
- for substitutes so I can go to the conference today and tomorrow
- for new wrinkles - evidence of laughter and smiles and joy and wisdom - ALL gifts from You, Father
- for a generous hostess tonight, and a new friend too
- for your grace, again
- for another beat of my heart, another breath in my lungs, another sunrise, another day. I GET TO do this
Thank You Lord. I can never say it enough.